- The most comprehensive dictionary of classical Latin, with 40,000 headwords and 100,000 senses
- Informed and enriched by more than 400,000 citations from more than 700 classical sources
- New text design and layout of entries makes it easier to navigate and find what you need
- Newly digitized text brings clarity and freshness, including thousands of revised English translations and many expanded abbreviations
- Newly commissioned supplementary material including an introduction by Dr Christopher Stray
- Beautifully presented in two handsome volumes with slipcase
Why is this book in the D.O.C.I.S. Store?
D.O.C.I.S. International wishes to make translating Latin a more popular hobby. It is great gymnastics for the mind and good food for thought. Fun to do alone or in a group. That is why there are several Latin dictionaries translated to different languages available in the D.O.C.I.S. Store.
Fangs selects books for this store not only based on their content: good quality materials and design play an important role in her decision making as well. She calls this specific dictionary, “The sexiest dictionary ever.” This robust classic Oxford edition adds more character to your life than owning a convertible does. (Yes, she said it: ” “I own THE Oxford Latin Dictionary” will make more heads turn than “I own a convertible”.”)